Neulastin

10 years 3 months ago #45642 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Neulastin
I had no problem taking nuelastin. A little joint pain in the legs but Aleve helped with that.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #45570 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Neulastin
During chemo the production of white blood cells is affected they are the ones that help fight infections. There are drugs such as Neulasta that will help the body make more white blood cells.
Your husband has to understand that during chemo he has to be part of the team, small things can become big things fast. People often do not want to be seen as troublesome, but that in this case can get you into trouble.
Here is the link to the pharmaceutical company's website and it gives a list of potential side effects. I did not have any trouble taking it and most of what you read is rare but it is good to be aware of the potential. Hope this helps.

www.neulasta.com/

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

10 years 4 months ago #45568 by Nancylhm
Neulastin was created by Nancylhm
I would like to get some information on Neulastin and the side effects. My husband got a shot last week and is having a reaction. First off why is Neulastin given and how long can side effects last. He seems to be very tired and out of sorts. He won't talk to me about it and just refuses to call the doctor unless I get on his case. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne