Have questions, not diagnosed but being tested

7 years 10 months ago #51107 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Have questions, not diagnosed but being tested
As for imaging centers, either could be good or bad!! I would assume that the urologist would not refer you to one if he did not have confidence in their results.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #51106 by gotfaith49
Replied by gotfaith49 on topic Have questions, not diagnosed but being tested
Thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know if there is any difference between a free standing imaging center and the imaging department at a hospital? Just wondering if one is more precise with results than the other.

7 years 10 months ago #51105 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Have questions, not diagnosed but being tested
So sorry that you are having these issues. Random blood in the urine CAN be a sign of bladder cancer, and it is good that the urologist will be doing cystoscopy where he can actually look inside the bladder. If he sees anything suspicious he will probably recommend biopsy. When found early, bladder cancer is very treatable.

It is also important to remember that there are LOTS of other things that can lead to urinary blood that have nothing to do with cancer!!! And menopause can cause all sorts of weird stuff!

We will be keeping really good thoughts for you. Please let us know what happens.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 10 months ago #51104 by gotfaith49
Hi, I am new to this forum and I have questions that I am hoping someone can help me sort out. I have had microscopic blood in my urine on several different occasions found by my internal medicine doctor and by 2 different ob/gyn doctors. They have each said there was no infection. I went to urologist last September (no blood in urine) and had cystoscopy done and CT scan. CT scan and cystoscopy didn't show anything. 2 months ago, I noticed spotting a few days after my period ended that lasted for a week. Not sure if it was from my period or coming from my bladder. Saw ob/gyn doctor for ultrasound and I asked the nurse to take a urine sample because I have burning when I pee and blood was in my urine but no infection. I was not on my period. This past month after a few days after I finished my period, I noticed small amounts of blood when I wiped. Went to urologist this past Friday and there was a large amount of blood when I wiped. I told the urologist that I thought it might be from my uterus because I have 2 small fibroids on my uterus. He said there was a "very minimal chance the bleeding is from my uterus". Is he suspecting bladder cancer? I had small amounts of blood over the weekend when I wiped but now it has stopped. I am scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow and then I have an appointment with urologist to go over CT scan results and a cystoscopy on May 19. Has anyone ever had the blood in the urine happen to them right after their period? I am 49 years old and my periods are still very heavy. It seems like the burning is at it's worst when I am having my period. So far, I have not felt any symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes. The only thing that happened this past month was that my period was 2 weeks late but when I did get it, it was very heavy and I had a lot of pain. I also have had pain off and on when urinating. Urologist said that sometimes CT scan can miss something very small and if the CT scan I have done tomorrow doesn't show anything since it will be my 2nd CT scan, than more than likely everything is fine. He also said that if it were kidney stones, the blood in the pee would be very obvious. I would appreciate any advise or words of wisdom.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne