A bulge to the side of my stoma

8 years 2 months ago #50640 by Plk
Replied by Plk on topic A bulge to the side of my stoma
Thanks for asking, Jill. IT turned out to be a hernia, which is uncomfortable for me but not life threatening or interfering with my function. It will have to be taken care of surgically.

The more difficult part is that they found a small opening in my Indiana Pouch (a fistula) which can be more problematic and will also need surgery. I feel okay but am somewhat depressed about the thought of more surgery. I thought I was done with all that finally.

Thanks for your caring.

Paula

PLK in NJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #50172 by Plk
Replied by Plk on topic A bulge to the side of my stoma
Thank you Diane, I was thinking the same thing. I was also interested if someone else had the same experience, and might know more!

Thank you

PLK in NJ

8 years 4 months ago #50171 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic A bulge to the side of my stoma
I would call your doctor and get him to take a look.It might be normal, but after such major surgery, if it needs some attention, sooner is always better than leaving things to develop, and if it doesn·t need attention, your mind will be at rest about it.
Diane

8 years 4 months ago #50170 by Plk
A bulge to the side of my stoma was created by Plk
I had a RC with an Indiana Pouch a little over 2 months ago. things seemed to be going well and my doc has been really pleased. However yesterday I noticed a bulge to the side of my stoma. Not red, not painful, no fever. I thought it was just when my was full but today I noticed it is there even after I catheterize.

I should mention that my stoma is in the upper right section of my abdomen because of a prior surgery, it could not be placed in the umbilicus.

Any thoughts? I am not one to run to the doctor usually.

PLK

PLK in NJ

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne